- September marks ninth record-breaking month of year with sales of 9,725, a 19.3% gain over the previous September record of 8,151 set in 2010
- Demand for the all-new 2012 Audi A6 increased 42.8%, Audi Q7 YTD sales enjoy 30.8% uptick
- Audi A3 TDI and Audi Q7 TDI accounted for 51% and 46.5% of sales mix; respectively
Audi of America today reported record September U.S. sales of 9,725 vehicles, topping the previous record of 8,151 vehicles sold in 2010. September 2011 marked the ninth consecutive month of record-setting sales for the brand in the U.S. market.
Audi U.S. year-to-date sales date grew 15.5% to 84,981. The luxury car brand has recorded record sales in 13 out of the past 14 months.
The favorable Audi performance in September was led by significant consumer demand for the all-new 2012 A6 with a 42.8% increase on 1,124 vehicles sold when compared to August 2010 sales. Demand for the Audi A7, introduced this spring and recently named the Esquire Magazine Car of the Year for 2011, remained strong with 693 vehicles sold in the month. The all-new A6 and A7 feature Audi’s industry-leading navigation and safety technology, including MMI® Navigation plus with Google Earth™, Audi connect™ featuring available wireless Internet access and Audi night vision assistant with thermal imaging.
With sales of the new Audi A8 flagship sedan included, demand for the most luxurious Audi cars equaled 23% of the overall Audi sales mix in September.
Year-to-date sales of the popular Audi Q7 full-size luxury sport-utility vehicle increased 30.8% to 6,764 vehicles sold, when compared to 2010. The Audi Q7 TDI clean diesel model accounted for 46.5% of the sales mix in the lineup. Demand remained strong for the Audi A3, with an increase of 9.9% YTD sales compared to 2010. As consumers continued to show preferences for efficiency, the Audi A3 TDI clean diesel model accounted for 51% of the total A3 sales mix for the month.
The reintroduction of the Audi TT RS sports car helped spur total Audi TT sales to an increase of 153% from a year earlier with 210 vehicles sold in September. Audi TT YTD sales increased 27.1% to 1,662 vehicles sold.
Audi Certified Pre-Owned sales of 2,871 vehicles mark the best September on record and the seventh-consecutive record month. Year-to-date sales of 28,389 put Audi on track to deliver one of the best CPO years on record.
For the record-setting month of September 2011, Audi recorded YTD sales increases of over 25% with four of its models: the Audi A8, the Audi Q7, the Audi R8 and the Audi TT. In addition, the Audi southern regions experienced strong gains, with YTD sales jumping 20% to 20,966 vehicles sold. The Texas and Atlanta markets were especially strong in September.
“Our strong third quarter sales figures clearly reinforce that Audi is a luxury market leader,” said Audi of America President Johan de Nysschen. “All indications continue to point toward 2011 winding up as the best year Audi has ever enjoyed in the U.S. market with even more sales growth ahead.”
Audi sales highlights – September 2011
• New company record set in September with 9,725 vehicles sold, topping the previous record of 8,151 vehicles sold in September 2010.
• Audi sales in the U.S. grew 15.5% to 84,981 luxury vehicles sold from January 2011 through September 2011.
• Four models within Audi lineup post YTD gains exceeding 25%.
Audi A6, A7 and A8 August sales and news notes
• Strong initial sales for the all-new 2012 A6 with 1,124 vehicles sold, an increase of 42.8% over August 2011.
• 2012 Audi A7 sustains momentum with 693 vehicles sold.
• Audi A8 sales increase 395.2% YOY to 411 vehicles sold; A8 YTD sales up 541.9% to 4,179 vehicles sold.
Audi A3 and Audi Q7 September sales and news notes
• Audi A3 posted strong sales gain with an increase of 9.9 % YTD to 5,023 vehicles sold in September.
• Audi Q7 sales in September up 30.8% YTD, compared to 2010.
• TDI clean diesel technology represented 51% of total A3 sales for August and 46.5% of total Q7 sales for August.
Audi TT September sales and news notes
• Audi TT sales increased 153% from the same period last year to 210 vehicles sold in September 2011; YTD sales experience 27.1% increase with 1,662 vehicles sold in 2011 through September.
Audi Certified Pre-Owned sales and news notes
• Audi CPO sales up 26% versus 2010.
• YTD sales up 35% with 28,389 vehicles sold.
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. During 2010 Audi was the top performing luxury brand in Europe, and broke all-time company sales records in the U.S. Over the next few years, AUDI AG will invest nearly $16 billion on new products and technologies. Visit http://www.audiusa.com or http://www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicle and business issues.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||–YTD–|
|Model Line||Sept. ’11 Actual||Sept. ’10 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||Sept. ’11 YTD Actual||Sept. ’10 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total Audi Sales||9,725||8,151||19.3%||84,981||73,590||15.5%|
– 2010 A4 numbers include Audi A4 sedan, Avant, and S4 models. 2009 A4 numbers include A4 cabriolet, which has been discontinued.
– 2010 A5 numbers include Audi A5 cabriolet and coupe’ and S5 cabriolet and coupe’
models. 2009 A5 numbers do not include the cabriolet models.
– A6 includes Audi A6 sedan, S6 sedan and A6 Avant models.
-All-new A7 model sales began in april 2011.
– 2010 A8 includes Audi A8 sedan, A8L sedan, and S8 sedan models. 2011 A8 includes Audi A8 sedan and A8L sedan.
– TT includes Audi TT coupe’ and TT roadster models.