- October sales of 10,225 represent a 25.8% gain from a year earlier
- Sales of Audi TT and Audi A5 experienced 133.7% and 21.5% sales increases respectively
- Sales of Audi Q5 rose 24.3%, marking second-best month for the SUV
Audi today reported record October U.S. sales of 10,225 vehicles, topping the 8,128 vehicles sold in October 2010. With the October 2011 results, the Audi brand has set record U.S. sales every month of this year.
Audi U.S. year-to-date sales increased 16.5% to 95,206. The premium car brand has recorded record sales in 14 out of the past 15 months. The year-to-date sales for 2011 already rank as the second-best year in the U.S. for Audi, only trailing only the record 101,629 sales established in 2010.
“As we head into the fourth quarter, it is clear that consumers are eager to drive the superior lineup of Audi vehicles,” said Audi of America President Johan de Nysschen. “Sales continue to reinforce that Audi holds a desirable position within the high-end sector of the premium car market due to our exceptionally engineered vehicles. All signs continue to point toward 2011 winding up as one of the best years for Audi in the U.S. market.”
The favorable Audi performance in October was bolstered by consumer response to the all-new 2012 Audi A6 and the 2012 Audi A7, the brand’s most technologically advanced models to date.
Sales of the Audi A6 – which recently received the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s Top Safety Pick award – rose 43.9% to 1,186 vehicles compared to October 2010 A6 sales. Demand for the stylish Audi A7, introduced this spring, remained strong with 655 vehicles sold for the month. The all-new A6 and A7 feature Audi’s industry-leading navigation and safety technology, including MMI® Navigation plus with Google Earth™, Audi connect™ with wireless internet access and Night Vision Assistant with thermal imaging.
Audi SUV models constituted a healthy 33.0% of overall Audi sales in October. Year-over-year results for the popular Audi Q5 compact crossover sport-utility vehicle increased 24.3% year-over-year with 2,610 vehicles sold, making October the second-best sales month for the Q5 in company history. Year-to-date sales of 7,474 of the popular Audi Q7 full-size luxury sport-utility vehicle increased 25.4%, when compared to 2010.
October marked another exceptional month for the Audi A8, the band’s flagship sedan. Sales of the A8 climbed 991.4% YOY to 382 vehicles sold, when compared to October 2010.
The Audi A6, A7, A8 and Q7 vehicles – the brand’s entries in the top premium vehicle segments – made up 29.0% of overall sales in October.
The Audi Q7 TDI clean diesel model accounted for 43.0% of the sales mix in the lineup for the month and 43.0% mix for the year. Year-to-date Audi A3 sales increased 4.7%, with 412 vehicles sold in October. As consumers continued to show a preference for efficiency, the Audi A3 TDI clean diesel model accounted for 45.0% of the total A3 sales mix for the month and a 55.0% mix for the year.
The introduction of the Audi TT RS sports car helped boost total Audi TT sales to an increase of 133.7% from a year earlier with 194 vehicles sold in October. Audi TT YTD sales increased 33.4% over 2010 to 1,856 vehicles sold.
October 2011 sales of the Audi A5 were strong, with 1,394 vehicles sold, an increase of 21.5%, when compared to 2010.
Audi Certified Pre-Owned sales of 2,776 vehicles mark the best October on record and the eighth-consecutive record month. Year-to-date sales of 31,165 put Audi on track to deliver one of the best CPO years on record.
For the record-setting month of October 2011, four Audi models recorded YTD sales increases of over 25.0%, including the Audi A8, the Audi Q7, the Audi R8 and the Audi TT. In addition, the Audi southern region experienced strong gains, with October sales up 24.0% to 2,565 vehicles sold, and sales in the Audi western regions increased 29.0% to 2,750 vehicles sold, when compared to October 2010.
Audi sales highlights – October 2011
- New company record set in October with 10,225 vehicles sold, topping the 8,128 vehicles sold in October 2010.
- Audi sales in the U.S. grew 16.5% to 95,206 premium vehicles sold from January 2011 through October 2011.
- Four models within Audi lineup post YTD gains exceeding 25.0%.
Audi A6, A7 and A8 October sales and news notes
- Strong initial sales for the all-new 2012 A6 with 1,186 vehicles sold, an increase of 43.9% over October 2010
- 2012 Audi A7 sustains momentum with 655 vehicles sold.
- Audi A8 sales increase 991.4% YOY to 382 vehicles sold; YTD A8 sales up 564.9% to 4,561 vehicles sold.
Audi A3, Q5 and Q7 October sales and news notes
- Audi A3 sales up 4.7% YTD, with 5,435 sold for the year.
- Audi Q7 sales in October up 25.4% YTD, compared to 2010.
- TDI clean diesel technology represented 43.0% of total Q7 sales for October and 45.0% of total A3 sales for October.
- Sales of Audi Q5 increased 24.3% year-over-year, marking second-best month in company history.
Audi TT October sales and news notes
- Audi TT sales increased 133.7% from the same period last year to 194 vehicles sold in October 2011; YTD sales experience 33.4% increase with 1,856 vehicles sold in 2011 through October.
Audi Certified Pre-Owned sales and news notes
- Audi CPO sales up 15.7% versus 2010.
- YTD sales up 33.0% with 31,165 vehicles sold.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT|
— Year to Date —
|A3||412||622||-33.8 %||5,435||5,192||4.7 %|
|A4||2,613||2,469||5.8 %||29,011||28,398||2.2 %|
|A5||1,394||1,147||21.5 %||13,118||13,743||-4.5 %|
|A6||1,186||824||43.9 %||7,890||7,035||12.2 %|
|A7||655||0||0.0 %||4,752||0||0.0 %|
|A8||382||35||991.4 %||4,561||686||564.9 %|
|2,610||2,099||24.3 %||20,181||18,735||7.7 %|
|710||789||-10.0 %||7,474||5,962||25.4 %|
|R8||69||60||15.0 %||928||576||61.1 %|
|TT||194||83||133.7 %||1,856||1,391||33.4 %|
|Total Audi Sales||10,225||8,128||25.8 %||95,206||81,718||16.5 %|