- December 2011 sales set all-time record with 12,655 vehicles sold, a 20% gain across the model line up
- 2011 marks the best year in Audi of America history, with 12 straight months of record-setting sales and 117,561 vehicles sold YTD
- Record-shattering 2011 sales propelled by demand for C- and D-segment vehicles, representing 34% of the sales mix, and strong TDI® clean diesel sales
• Best December ever, and best month ever, with 12,655 vehicles sold, a 20% increase over December 2010; December also marked the first month with over 12,000 vehicles sold in Audi of America history
• Record sales every month of 2011 for a total of 117,561 vehicles sold YTD, a 15.7% increase over last year (limited by available inventory)
• A8 sales grew 275% YTD to 5,700 units sold in 2011
• A6, A7 December sales marked the best month of 2011
• C- and D-segment sales surged: 34% mix in December 2011 vs. 22% in December 2010
• The Audi TT continues its success, due mainly to strong sales of TT RS, with a 238% increase in December to 216 vehicles sold
• Demand for key models is exceptionally strong: days’ supply for Q5 and Q7 in single digits nationally
• TDI mix remains very strong: 55% of total A3 sales YTD and 41% of total Q7 sales YTD were TDI clean diesel models
• December was a record month for Audi Certified pre-owned, surpassing the record in December 2007 of 2,889 sales, with 3,406 units sold; YTD sales set a new all-time annual record with a total of 37,259 units sold in 2011
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. Audi was a top-performing luxury brand in Europe during 2011, and broke all-time company sales records in the U.S. Through 2016, AUDI AG will invest about $17 billion on new products and technologies. Visit http://www.audiusa.com or http://www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicle and business issues.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||–YTD–|
|Model Line||Dec. ’11 Actual||Dec. ’10 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||Dec. ’11 YTD Actual||Dec. ’10 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total Audi Sales||12,655||10,546||20.0%||117,561||101,629||15.7%|
– 2010 A4 numbers include Audi A4 sedan, Avant, and S4 models. 2009 A4 numbers include A4 cabriolet, which has been discontinued.
– 2010 A5 numbers include Audi A5 cabriolet and coupe’ and S5 cabriolet and coupe’
models. 2009 A5 numbers do not include the cabriolet models.
– A6 includes Audi A6 sedan, S6 sedan and A6 Avant models.
– All-new A7 model sales began in april 2011.
– 2010 A8 includes Audi A8 sedan, A8L sedan, and S8 sedan models. 2011 A8 includes Audi A8 sedan and A8L sedan.
– TT includes Audi TT coupe’ and TT roadster models.