Ah, the majestic Volkswagen Touareg. Bold, beautiful, and born for adventure. What’s not to love? You already know that the Touareg gets you where you’re going in style and comfort, but here are a few more things you may not have known about it.
- It’s an IIHS Top Safety Pick. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s judges awarded the Touareg with their Top Safety Pick rating, the highest possible rating from the non-profit safety research organization.
- The Touareg TDI gets an estimated 28 miles per gallon. You already know that the Touareg can go anywhere—and now you know that it will burn less fuel getting there. The Touareg TDI also puts out an impressive 406 pound-feet of torque at 1,750 to 2,250 rpm while producing 225 horsepower at 3,500 to 4,000 rpm.
- It’s rugged, yet refined. Sure, the Touareg is ready to handle any terrain at any time, but with luxurious standard features like a multi-function steering wheel, heated rear reclining seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, and leather seats, you’ll look (and feel) great, no matter where your Touareg takes you.
- It has an available Dynaudio® premium sound system. The 620-watt sound system with 10 premium speakers and DSP technology will make road noise practically disappear.
- The Touareg has a Hybrid option. That’s right: you can get a Touareg fully loaded with premium features and the world’s first supercharged hybrid engine.
- The REST button keeps you warm when it’s cold out. “Rest” is the German word for “residual,” and the REST button enables the Touareg’s residual heat function, which uses an electric pump to circulate engine coolant through the heat exchanger for a maximum of 30 minutes after the car is turned off.
- Available 4Motion all-wheel drive. With the special synchronized technology in 4MOTION, each wheel is always in motion and constantly working together.
- It can get you across two continents in record time. Earlier this year, Rainer Zietlow and his team set a new world record for driving the length of the Pan-American Highway, crossing through 14 countries and covering nearly 16,000 miles in a Touareg TDI in only 12 days. You may never need to drive that far, but if you do, the Touareg can handle it.
- It comes with a programmable key fob. The key fob can be programmed to do all sorts of things, like open and close the rear hatch and even start your engine remotely.
- The Touareg will leave the light on for you. The automatic vehicle illumination feature lights the way when you’re walking from the vehicle to your destination. You can even turn on the headlights from your key fob when you’re approaching the Touareg.
Tell us: what’s your favorite thing about the Touareg?