Posts Tagged Audi serving Dallas
- Audi reports 17th consecutive month of record sales, marking the fifth-best month ever in U.S. for the brand
- May new vehicle sales up 10% to 11,503 vehicles sold in the U.S.
- Premium category vehicle sales (A8, A7, A6, and Q7) up 54% YTD
Audi today reported record-setting May sales with a 10% increase to 11,503 new vehicles sold, marking the 17th consecutive month of unprecedented sales in the U.S. May sales not only represented all-time record total sales for the January-May period, but also marked the fifth-best month ever for the brand, exceeding more than 11,000 in total vehicle sales.
“Consumers are responding favorably to Audi as 17 consecutive months of record-setting sales attests,” said Audi of America President Johan de Nysschen. “Audi’s progressive luxury and technologically advanced vehicle portfolio continues to set the pace in the high-end sector of the luxury car market.”
Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (A8, A7, A6, and Q7) jumped 54% YTD and represented 34.2% of total May sales. Overall, sales improvements shown by Audi in the top tiers of the luxury sector accounted for 125% of the Audi May gain.
May year-over-year results were buoyed by strong premium vehicle performance of the Audi A6 increasing 260.2% to 1,693 vehicles sold. Sales for the design-forward Audi A7 continued with 792 vehicles sold, while sales of the Audi R8 coupe jumped 14.6% to 47 vehicles sold in May.
- May 2012 ranked as the best May in Audi of America history, marking the fifth-best month ever for the brand.
- Audi A6 sales up 260.2% compared to May 2011; YTD sales grow 124.7% compared to previous period.
- Audi A7 YTD sales increased 194.8%, compared to previous period.
- Sales of Audi Q5 increased 5% compared to May 2011; YTD sales up 14.4% compared to previous period.
- Audi Q7 recorded an 8.8% boost in sales with 919 units sold, compared to May 2011.
- Sales of the Audi R8 coupe rose 14.6%, accounting for 47 vehicles sold within the total 90 new vehicle sales for the sports car line in the month.
- Audi A4 sales remained steady despite an inventory draw down in advance of the updated 2013 models just now reaching dealership showrooms.
- Audi May Certified Pre-Owned sales jumped 16.9% compared to vehicles sales from April 2012.
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. Audi was a top-performing luxury brand in Europe during 2011, and broke all-time company sales records in the U.S. Through 2016, AUDI AG will invest about $17 billion on new products and technologies. Visit www.audiusa.com or www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicle and business issues.
ABOUT BOARDWALK AUDI
Boardwalk Audi, 2011 Magna Award recipient was recently named 2012 DealerRater Audi Dealer of the Year for the State of Texas. With its distinctive 42,000 square foot dealership–the largest in the Audi USA dealer portfolio—Boardwalk Audi is committed to interlacing Audi’s unparalleled engineering prowess with exceptional service performance. As a member of Boardwalk Auto Group, Boardwalk Audi cultivates a focus on top-flight performance.
ABOUT BOARDWALK AUTO GROUP
Boardwalk Auto Group is one of the premier auto groups in the nation representing Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Porsche, and Volkswagen.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||–YTD–|
|Model Line||May ’12 Actual||May ’11 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||May ’12 YTD Actual||May ’11 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total New Sales||11,503||10,457||10.0%||52,494||45,858||14.5%|
|Total CPO Sales||3,346||3,470||-3.6%||14,995||15,206||-1.4%|