Posts Tagged VW
We’re very happy to let you know that our McKinney Volkswagen Mobile App is now available in the iTunes, Android and Blackberry App Store! Please use the QR Codes, or follow the links below to download the app (note: you don’t need iTunes installed to visit the first link). Please download and rate the app.
Some of the things our app can do for you are:
- Full Vehicle Inventory integration. Browse or search our entire inventory without ever seeing a slow mobile website. Save the ones you like as favorites. Flip your device sideways while looking at a car to see all the images in cover flow mode!
- Check out the “Postboard” for new messages, coupons and specials straight from us to your device! You can even reply to these messages directly.
- Keep track of all your own personal vehicles in “My Garage”. Add a photo of your vehicle and track things like: VIN, Year, Make, Model, License Plate, Oil Type, Tire Size, Date Purchased, Price Paid, Initial Mileage, Insurance Co., Policy No., and add all the extra notes you want.
- Service History is also available for each vehicle in “My Garage”, see pending service appointments, add them to your calendar, and mark them as completed when finished!
- The “Toolkit” contains super useful tools for you to use every day: Call Roadside Assistance | One-touch Service Scheduling | Find local gas prices | Parking Assistant with GPS locator and meter timer | Flashlight (includes the flash on the iPhone 4!)
- Our Twitter feed and Facebook wall is parsed right into the app making it super easy to check out what we’re talking about.
- Twitter and Facebook integration allows you to retweet and post anything to your own Twitter feed or Facebook wall!
- Manufacturer news helps you keep up-to-date with all the news and happenings in the VW world!
- Call and email each department, get directions, view operating hours, get quotes on vehicles, order parts, etc…
Love the Volkswagen Beetle? Love TDI Clean Diesel technology? Then you’ll love this news. Volkswagen announced pricing today for the Beetle TDI, the only Clean Diesel offering in the compact coupe category. The Beetle is the sixth TDI® Clean Diesel model available in the US. The manual transmission model, which starts at only $23,295, boasts an estimated 41 mpg highway and 32 mpg city. Now that’s what we call lovable.
For complete pricing details, read the full press release.
Bloopers and deleted scenes from Volkswagen’s “The Force” commercial.
Driving the all-new performance inspired 2012 VW Jetta GLI is definitely an experience, and the Fender audio system provides the soundtrack. It’s no small honor that Fender, arguably the most iconic name in audio, partnered exclusively with Volkswagen to make sure the new line up of VWs sound as good as they drive.
The GLI already prowls the streets with a rock star attitude. With its aggressive stance, 2.0-liter, 200hp turbocharged engine, interior sticking, honeycomb grill and flashy red caliper breaks the GLI is photogenic and it knows it. And with the addition of the Fender Premium Audio System the final piece of the puzzle is in place. This nine-speaker system is specifically designed to capture the raw emotion of a live performance, making it a “face-melting” audio experience. And according to Brian Tedeschi, Fender’s Business Affairs manager, that’s a technical term.
We had Danielle Gumro catch-up and rock-out (literally) at the Chicago Auto Show with the big brains at Fender to hear the inspiration and science behind the gut-busting sound. This state-of the-art sound system was the product of over three years of research and development to bring unmatched audio clarity at high and low volume to your driving experience. In laymen’s terms this means a lot of really smart people spent a really long time making sure that this audio system is going to be better, louder and generally more “face-melting” than anything you’ve heard before.
In the first spot for The 21st Century Beetle, cutting-edge CGI creative goes entomological, creating a photo-real lush kingdom where the Black Beetle rules, runs, navigates and out performs all the other creatures.
On Wednesday Jonathan Browning, President and CEO of Volkswagen Group of America, proudly unveiled the much-anticipated all-new 2012 VW Jetta GLI amidst a firework show of camera flashes. Enthusiasts rushed the car like Justin Bieber at an elementary school to get a glimpse of the details that keep so many drivers coming back for more of the GLI. The cherry red brake calipers, interior stitching, flat-bottom steering wheel, and honeycomb grill were the subject of most of the “oohs and ahhs.”
The beauty of this ride isn’t just skin-deep, the sporty 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine had real drivers chomping at the bit to get out and drive. Fast. And if the performance inspired design wasn’t enough to turn everybody’s head at the Chicago Auto Show – the Fender Audio System was.
The reveal wasn’t open to the general public, but luckily for you we know people who know people. And those people have cameras. Check out pictures of the new Jetta GLI, and the Chicago Auto Show here.